Adult Bible Study
- Wednesday Bible Fellowship - Krause Cafe - You’re invited to join us for Bible study lead by Pastor Elizabeth and Pastor Rusty every Wednesday at 10:30am. Active year-round.
Youth, Family, and Children
- Sunday School - During our 10:15am Worship Service. While Pastor Elizabeth shares her message, children are released to Sunday School for their message with volunteer teachers!
- Confirmation - Wednesdays during the school year at Gethsemane or one of our area partner churches. 5:30-7:30pm.
- Looking for a place to learn more about your faith?
- For grades 6-9
- Serve the World Ministry Team - Gethsemane Church’s mission is to Love God, Love One Another, and to Serve the World. Our Serve the World Ministry Team strives to provide comfort and assistance to people and organizations that are either in need, or are providing a service that aids and assists in helping others. If you enjoy being God's hands and feet, this ministry is for you! Contact: [email protected]
- Service/Volunteer opportunities - At Gethsemane, we share our time, treasure and talents with one another. This is a great way to get to know the community better and build friendships! To see what opportunities are available, please email [email protected] .
- Tanzania - Gethsemane Lutheran Church is in partnership with the Lutheran Church in Pommern, Tanzania. This partnership is known by the Swahili words "Bega Kwa Bega," meaning "shoulder to shoulder." Bega Kwa Bega is a joint ministry to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ, extend Christian hospitality, and promote healthy interpersonal relationships through prayer, worship, and service.
- Pommern Lutheran Church is a large, dynamic, and growing faith community, with about 1500 members and weekly church attendance of more than 500. Gethsemane’s partnership with Pommern helps their continued growth and outreach.
- Gethsemane and Pommern Lutheran churches support each other through prayer, projects, and presence—being with each other. Every few years, Gethsemane members travel to Pommern to build on the personal relationships that have been established since our first trip in 2007.
- The village of Pommern is also the location of Pommern Secondary School. Gethsemane supports students at this school, and other Iringa Diocese schools, through yearly scholarship grants. Through these efforts, educated students become the future pastors, teachers, and community leaders in Pommern and throughout Tanzania.